DOBSON WON'T VOTE FOR MCCAIN EVEN IF NOMINATED
MCCAIN IS FOR FEDERAL FUNDING OF STEM CELL RESEARCH
"Dr. James Dobson released a statement to The Laura Ingraham Show today, stating his personal opinions of this critical election.
As voters in 24 states head to the polls today to choose a presidential nominee, Dr. James Dobson released a statement to The Laura Ingraham Show today. He stated his personal opinions of this critical election:
"I am deeply disappointed the Republican Party seems poised to select a nominee who did not support a Constitutional amendment to protect the institution of marriage, voted for embryonic stem-cell research to kill nascent human beings, opposed tax cuts that ended the marriage penalty, has little regard for freedom of speech, organized the Gang of 14 to preserve filibusters in judicial hearings, and has a legendary temper and often uses foul and obscene language. I am convinced Sen. McCain is not a conservative, and in fact, has gone out of his way to stick his thumb in the eyes of those who are. He has sounded at times more like a member of the other party. McCain actually considered leaving the GOP caucus in 2001, and approached John Kerry about being Kerry’s running mate in 2004. McCain also said publicly that Hillary Clinton would make a good president. Given these and many other concerns, a spoonful of sugar does NOT make the medicine go down. I cannot, and will not, vote for Sen. John McCain, as a matter of conscience. "But what a sad and melancholy decision this is for me and many other conservatives. Should Sen. McCain capture the nomination as many assume, I believe this general election will offer the worst choices for president in my lifetime. I certainly can't vote for Hillary Clinton or Barack Obama based on their virulently anti-family policy positions. If these are the nominees in November, I simply will not cast a ballot for president for the first time in my life. These decisions are my personal views and do not represent the organization with which I am affiliated. They do reflect my deeply held convictions about the institution of the family, about moral and spiritual beliefs, and about the welfare of our country."
OFFICIAL POSITION OF THE CHURCH OF JESUS CHRIST OF LATTER-DAY SAINTS SUPPORTS FEDERAL MARRIAGE AMENDMENT (FMA) TO CONSTITUTION
ROMNEY A TRUE SOCIAL CONSERVATIVE
1) FOR Federal Marriage Protection Act (Federal Marriage Ammendment or FMA to U.S. Constitution), AGAINST gay marriage, and even AGAINST civil unions,
2) AGAINST federal funding for stem cell research,
3) FOR Alito and truly conservative judges.
MCCAIN A RINO, NEVER TAKES STAND ON SOCIAL ISSUES
1) Voted AGAINST Marriage Protection Act,
2) Voted FOR federal funding of stem cell research although earlier he was AGAINST it,
3) AGAINST Judges "Too Conservative" like Alito.
Miller, National Review's national political reporter, wrote the following in an NR cover story: "On either [gay marriage or stem cells], a good case can be made that Romney has fought harder for social conservatives than any other governor in America, and it is difficult to imagine his doing so in a more daunting political environment."
MCCAIN ABSOLUTELY NOT A SOCIAL CONSERVATIVE
If McCain doesn't even understand that foreign terrorists should NOT be given constitutional rights and due process, could even co-sponsor legislation that prohibits free speech 30 days before an election (McCain Feingold) and thus give the media MORE power to sway elections, and co-sponsored of bill (McCain Feingold) provisions of which were OVERTURED by the U.S. Supreme Court as violating the Constitution, then at best you have to say he doesn't interpret the constitution strictly and at worst he is actively subverting our most basic civil rights. Either way, how can we trust him to make sound judicial nominations of strict constructionist judges if he can't even interpret the constitution strictly himself? Ironically, McCain wants to give foreign terrorists constitutional rights (criminal trials in American courtrooms for foreign terrorists), but wants to rob Americans of our constitutional right to free speech within 30 days of an election (McCain Feingold)!! Unspeakable hypocrisy.
McCain is NOT a Social Conservative. He just doesn't have the street cred:
1) Voted AGAINST Federal Marriage Protection Act (MPA) which was a constitutional ban prohibiting judges from legislating gay marriage from the bench
2) Voted FOR federal funding of stem cell research and destruction of new lines of embryos
3) Is in FAVOR of constitutional rights (due process, habeas corpus, criminal trials) for terrorists (unlawful enemy combatants)
4) Voted FOR and CO-SPONSORED McCain-Feingold which prohibits free speech (attack ads) 30 days before an election (U.S. Supreme Court ruled provisions of this bill are unconstitutional!!), ironic and supremely hyportical in light of his smear campaign in the last 3 days before Florida primary with his accomplices in the media
5) In 2000 claimed George W Bush could NOT beat Gore in the general election because he was beholden to the "special interest group" of the Christian Right! Compared Farakhan and Sharpton as 'agents of intolerance' on the left, even as Fallwell and Robertson are 'agents of intolerance' on the Right. http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0002/28/se.01.html
6) Senator Santorum, the most vocal Social Conservative in the Senate, has denounced McCain as showing NO leadership in the Senate on ANY social issue and has excoriatingly attacked McCain's image as a social conservative (see below)
Senator Santorum says that McCain on "domestic policy" is "very, very dangerous" to Republicans (fiscally, socially, etc...), and is the anti-conservative on social issues, and that McCain took no tough stand or strong leadership on ANY social issue in several decades in the Senate. And also says this about whether the race is over, "No, absolutely not. I think this race is wide open. I think Mitt Romney still has a very good chance of winning. You know, I think right now, we’re looking at the media trying to make Barack Obama the president, and make John McCain the shill for him. And I don’t see, I think they know that John McCain can’t win this election, and they know…it’s probably the best chance for them to do it." (Senator Rick Santorum, http://keithcu.com/RickSantorum.mp3
"I would not vote for John McCain under any circumstances...That legislation I just got through talking about, having to do with stifling Christian Radio, and other efforts to communicate with the people, that came from McCain, and the McCain Feingold bill kept us from telling the truth right before elections. And there are alot of other things, he is not in favor of traditional marriage, and I pray we don't get stuck with him" (James Dobson, Focus on the Family,
MCCAIN A TOTAL PHONY
McCain doesn't need fundraising. Media gives it to him free. McCain lies about Romney 3 days before Florida primary with willing accomplices in the press. So what hypocrisy to deny regular Americans the right to produce attack ads within 30 days of an election (McCain Feingold)! So much for free speech!
Senator McCain cannot win General Election any more than Senator Dole in 1996. Even though all early media polls during Primary Season showed Dole winning handily, Clinton CRUSHED Dole in the General. Wasn't pretty.
No difference between Hilary and McCain. Both voted for War in Iraq, and both later attacked Rumsfeld (Rumsfeld opposed troop surge, so we sometimes forget the troop surge was originally just an attack on Bush's Administration. Interesting, since McCain never attacked Democrats in 20 years in the Senate but saves all his animus for Republicans.). McCain is also against the Federal Marriage Protection Act to the U.S. Constitution, was one of only two Republicans who voted against Bush tax cuts in 2001 and 2003 (now he is for them!), and wants constitutional rights and trials given to unlawful enemy combatants! Constitutional rights for foreign terrorists but no constitutional right to free speech (McCain Feingold struck down by U.S. Supreme Court) for American citizens! This man wouldn't know a strict constructionist judge from a terrorist!