McCain is the next John Kerry (I voted for the 85 billion before I voted against it):
1) Voted Against the Bush tax cuts (2001 and 2003) before he was For the Bush tax cuts (2008)
2) For Amnesty (in 2003 he even used the word 'amnesty' to describe his own position) before he said he is Against Amnesty (2008)
4) Voted FOR federal funding after he Voted AGAINST federal funding for stem cell research
3) Voted Against Federal Marriage Protection Act (MPA) but Now he's against gay marriage?
5) Attacks Christian Right as a 'Special Interest' and 'Agents of Intolerance', but Now he's a Social Conservative?
4) Against Ethanol Subsidies before he was For Ethanol Subsidies in Iowa Primary
5) For constitutional rights for terrorists and for prohibiting freedom of speech 30 days before an election (provisions of which were overturned by U.S. Supreme Court!), but NOW he's FOR judges who will be strict constructionists of the Constitution?
The Truth: “But certainly in the short term, or even the long term, I would not support repeal of Roe vs. Wade, which would then force X number of women in America to (undergo) illegal and dangerous operations.” Source: San Francisco Chronicle, August 20, 1999.
The Flip: “I do believe that it’s very likely or possible that the Supreme Court should — could overturn Roe v. Wade, which would then return these decisions to the states, which I support” .Source: McCain ABC Interview, November 19, 2006.
Jeffrey Toobin of CNN (no right winger or Romney supporter) says McCain gets adoring press from the media and so uses that 'credibility' to straight-up lie about Romney's positions 3 days before a primary election in Florida: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yz11W74nhFI
'Straight Talk' Express Takes Scenic Route to Truth by Ann Coulter Posted: 01/23/2008 John McCain is Bob Dole minus the charm, conservatism and youth. Like McCain, pollsters assured us that Dole was the most "electable" Republican. Unlike McCain, Dole didn't lie all the time while claiming to engage in Straight Talk. Of course, I might lie constantly too, if I were seeking the Republican presidential nomination after enthusiastically promoting amnesty for illegal aliens, Social Security credit for illegal aliens, criminal trials for terrorists, stem-cell research on human embryos, crackpot global warming legislation and free speech-crushing campaign-finance laws. I might lie too, if I had opposed the Bush tax cuts, a marriage amendment to the Constitution, waterboarding terrorists and drilling in Alaska...http://www.anncoulter.com/cgi-local/article.cgi?article=231